This paper reports on a breakout workshop session of the 2012 Academic Emergency Medicine consensus conference, “Education Research in Emergency Medicine: Opportunities, Challenges, and Strategies for Success,” May 9, 2012, Chicago, IL.
Faculty Development in Medical Education Research
Article first published online: 26 DEC 2012
© 2012 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Special Issue: 2012 AEM Consensus Conference Special Issue: Education Research in Emergency Medicine: Opportunities, Challenges, and Strategies for Success. Guest Editors: John Burton, Terry Kowalenko, Richard Lammers
Volume 19, Issue 12, pages 1462–1467, December 2012
How to Cite
ACADEMIC EMERGENCY MEDICINE 2012; 19: 1462–1467 © 2012 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
Breakout session attendees: Jill Castaneda, Sam Clarke, Lilliam Emlet, Sharon Griswold, Stan Hamstra, Jane Jordan, Tara Kennedy, Irene Lewnard, JoAnna Leuck, Alvin Lomibao, Jeff Love, Daniel Martin, William McGaghie, Megan Palmer, Dan Rusyniak, Nancy Searle, Ian Stiell, John Vozenilek, Julie Welch, and Stella Yiu.
- Issue published online: 26 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 26 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 JUL 2012
- 2Faculty Development in Medical Education: International Perspectives. WHO Collaborating Centre for Educational Development. Available at: http://www.ncme.in/ppt-pdf-doc/Dr%20R%20P%20Sequeira-Usha%20Nayar.pdf. Accessed Oct 4, 2012., .
- 4A Faculty Development Program for Teachers of International Medical Graduates. Program Overview. Available at: http://www.afmc.ca/img/programoverview_en.htm. Accessed Oct 4, 2012.
- 19McGill University. Teaching Scholars Program. Available at: http://www.mcgill.ca/medicinefacdev/programs/tsp/. Accessed Oct 4, 2012.
- 20Ohio State University. Faculty Development Programs. Available at: http://oaa.osu.edu/facultydevelopment.html. Accessed Dec 10, 2012.
- 23Scholarship Reconsidered: Priorities for the Professoriate. Princeton, NJ: The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, 1990.
- 24Scholarship Assessed: Evaluation of the Professoriate. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 1997., ,
- 28Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P Faculty Excellence Award: Recognizing Faculty for Exemplary Educational Contributions. Baylor College of Medicine. Available at: http://www.bcm.edu/fac-ed/excellenceaward/. Accessed Oct 4, 2012.
- 36Association of American Medical Colleges. MedEdPORTAL Initiatives. Available at: https://www.mededportal.org/about/initiatives/. Accessed Oct 4, 2012.
- 39Evaluating Training Programs: The Four Levels. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 1994.
- 42Scientists in Industry: Conflict and Accommodation. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 1962.