Breakout Participants: Michael Gisondi, Amy Kontrick, Nathan Kuppermann, Brandon Maughan, Douglas McGee, Craig Newgard, Mike Radeos, Mark Sahor, Kane Vacca, Adam Wilson, and Paul Zgyurzynski.
An Agenda for Increasing Grant Funding of Emergency Medicine Education Research
Article first published online: 16 DEC 2012
© 2012 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Special Issue: 2012 AEM Consensus Conference Special Issue: Education Research in Emergency Medicine: Opportunities, Challenges, and Strategies for Success. Guest Editors: John Burton, Terry Kowalenko, Richard Lammers
Volume 19, Issue 12, pages 1434–1441, December 2012
How to Cite
ACADEMIC EMERGENCY MEDICINE 2012; 19: 1434–1441 © 2012 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
This manuscript is based on proceedings from the 2012 Academic Emergency Medicine consensus conference “Education Research in Emergency Medicine: Opportunities, Challenges, and Strategies for Success,” held on May 9, 2012, in Chicago, IL.
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue published online: 26 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 16 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JUN 2012
- 1Academic Health Centers: Leading Change in the 21st Century. Washington DC: National Academies Press, 2004.(ed).
- 10An exploration of the effects of funding cutbacks to Ontario medical schools: privileging research over education. Higher Educ Perspec. 2005; 1:56–75..
- 14Researcher behavior that leads to success in obtaining grant funding: a model for success. Res Manage Rev. 2006; 15:1–16..
- 16Relating capacity to a faculty funding persistence profile. SRA J. 1999; 31:23–34..
- 20Writing a Successful Grant Application. Boston, MA: Jones and Barlett, 1989..
- 21American College of Emergency Physicians. Emergency Medicine Basic Research Skills (EMBRS) Workshop. Available at: http://www.acep.org/embrs/. Accessed Sep 9, 2012.
- 22Society for Academic Emergency Medicine. SAEM Membership Benefits. Annual Meeting: Intensive Grant Writing Workshop. Available at: http://www.saem.org/saem-membership-benefits. Accessed Sep 9, 2012.
- 24Association of American Medical Colleges. Medical Education Research Certificate (MERC) Program. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/members/gea/merc/. Accessed Sep 9, 2012.
- 28Society for Academic Emergency Medicine. SAEM Institutional Research Fellowship Program. Available at: http://www.saem.org/institutional-research-fellowship-program. Accessed Sep 9, 2012.
- 29Society for Academic Emergency Medicine. SAEM Research Fellowship Directory. Available at: http://www.saem.org/fellowship-directory. Accessed Sep 9, 2012.
- 39Leading Change. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Review Press, 1996, p 208..