Dr. Gillespie is a recipient of a Geriatric Academic Career Award administered by the Bureau of Health Professions, Health Resources and Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Original Research Contribution
Potential of Telemedicine to Provide Acute Medical Care for Adults in Senior Living Communities
Version of Record online: 13 FEB 2013
© 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 162–168, February 2013
How to Cite
ACADEMIC EMERGENCY MEDICINE 2013; 20, 162–168 © 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
The authors have no potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue online: 13 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 13 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 4 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 24 MAR 2012
- 2Residential Care and Assisted Living: State Oversight Practices and State Information Available to Consumers. AHRQ Publication No. 06-M051-EF. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2006.
- 3A National Study of Assisted Living for the Frail Elderly: Results of a National Survey of Facilities. Department of Health and Human Services. Available at: http://aspe.hhs.gov/daltcp/reports/facres.htm. Accessed Nov 19, 2012., ,
- 8Institute of Medicine. Retooling for an Aging America. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2008.
- 12National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2004 emergency department summary. Adv Data. 2006; 372:1–29., .
- 18Potential to Reduce Healthcare Costs by Replacing Emergency Department With Telemedicine Visits. Platform Presentation, Pediatric Academic Societies' Annual Meeting, Honolulu, May 2008., , , ,
- 24Clinicians' and patients' experiences and satisfaction with unscheduled, nighttime, internet-based video conferencing for assessing acute medical problems in a nursing facility. AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2003; 2003: 709–13., , , et al.
- 31Telephone Medicine: A Guide for the Practicing Physician. Philadelphia, PA: American College of Physicians – American Society of Internal Medicine; 2002., (eds).
- 36United States Government Accountability Office. Ambulance Providers: Costs and Expected Medicare Margins Vary Greatly. GAO Report 07-383. Washington, DC: GAO, May 23, 2007.