Presented at the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine annual meeting, Chicago, IL, May 2012; and the International Stroke Conference, New Orleans, LA, February 2012.
Original Research Contribution
Does Preexisting Antiplatelet Treatment Influence Postthrombolysis Intracranial Hemorrhage in Community-treated Ischemic Stroke Patients? An Observational Study
Article first published online: 13 FEB 2013
© 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 146–154, February 2013
How to Cite
ACADEMIC EMERGENCY MEDICINE 2013; 20, 146–154 © 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
This trial was supported by grant R01-NS-050372 from the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH.
The authors have no potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
A related commentary appears on page 209.
- Issue published online: 13 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 13 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 19 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 28 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 13 JUN 2012
- 62009 Focused Updates: ACC/AHA Guidelines for the Management of Patients With ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (Updating the 2004 Guideline and 2007 Focused Update) and ACC/AHA/SCAI Guidelines on Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (Updating the 2005 Guideline and 2007 Focused Update): a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009;54:2205–41., , , et al.
- 7Multicentre Acute Stroke Trial–Italy. Randomised controlled trial of streptokinase, aspirin, and combination of both in treatment of acute ischaemic stroke. Lancet. 1995; 346:1509–14.
- 17A multilevel intervention to increase community hospital use of alteplase for acute stroke (INSTINCT): a cluster-randomised controlled trial. Lancet Neurol. 2012; S1474-4422(12):70311–70313., , , et al.
- 22The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: explanation and elaboration. J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62:e1–34., , , et al.
- 23Meta: Meta-Analysis with R. R package version 2.0-0. Available at: http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/meta/index.html. Accessed Dec 2, 2012..
- 27Nicotine aggravates the brain postischemic inflammatory response. Am J Physiol. 2011; 300:H1518–29., , , , .