Presented at the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, June 2010.
Original Research Contribution
Marked Reduction in Length of Stay for Patients With Psychiatric Emergencies After Implementation of a Comanagement Model
Article first published online: 16 APR 2013
© 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 4, pages 338–343, April 2013
How to Cite
Academic Emergency Medicine2013;20:338–343© 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
This publication was supported by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, National Institutes of Health (NIH), through UCSF-CTSI grant UL1 TR000004. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the NIH. The authors have no disclosures or conflicts of interest to report.
- Issue published online: 16 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 16 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 29 MAY 2012
- 1Shrinking inpatient psychiatric capacity: cause for celebration or concern? Issue Brief Natl Health Policy Forum. 2007;(823):1–21., .
- 3Mental Health and Substance Abuse-Related Emergency Department Visits among Adults, 2007. Statistical Brief #92. Available at: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs/sb92.pdf. Accessed Jan 12, 2013., ,
- 4American College of Emergency Physicians. ACEP Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Survey 2008. Available at: http://www.acep.org/uploadedFiles/ACEP/Advocacy/federal_issues/PsychiatricBoardingSummary.pdf. Accessed Jan 12, 2013.
- 5Trends in the duration of emergency department visits, 2001-2006. Psychiatr Serv. 2010;61:878–84., , .
- 10On-site night float by attending physicians: a model to improve resident education and patient care. J Grad Med Educ. 2010;2:57–61., , , , , .
- 14Survey of neurohospitalists: subspecialty definition and practice characteristics. Front Neurol. 2010;1:9., , , .