A related commentary appears on page XXX.
Original Research Contribution
A Survey of Emergency Department Resources and Strategies Employed in the Treatment of Pediatric Gastroenteritis
Article first published online: 16 APR 2013
© 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 4, pages 361–366, April 2013
How to Cite
Academic Emergency Medicine2013;20:361–366© 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Dr. Freedman is currently with the Sections of Pediatric Emergency Medicine and Gastroenterology, Alberta Children's Hospital, and the Department of Pediatrics, and Alberta Children's Hospital Research Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta.
Presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies annual meeting, Boston, MA, May 2012.
LMK received project funding from the SickKids Summer Research (SSuRe) program. The project did not receive any financial support from other sources.
The authors have no potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue published online: 16 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 16 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 28 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 19 JUN 2012
- 1World Health Organization/UNICEF. Joint Statement: Clinical Management of Acute Diarrhoea (WHO/FCH/CAH/04.07). Available at: http://www.childinfo.org/files/ENAcute_Diarrhoea_reprint.pdf. Accessed Jan 12, 2013.
- 2Managing acute gastroenteritis among children: oral rehydration, maintenance, and nutritional therapy. MMWR Recomm Rep. 2003;52:1–16., , , .
- 6Implementing an evidence-based acute gastroenteritis guideline at a children's hospital. Jt Comm J Qual Improv. 2002;28:20–30., , , et al.
- 7U.S. National Library of Medicine. Medical Subject Headings. Available at: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/. Accessed Jan 12, 2013.
- 9Healthcare Human Factors Group Centre for Global eHealth Innovation University Health Network. Order Sets in Healthcare: An Evidence-Based Analysis. Available at: http://ehealthinnovation.org/wp-content/uploads/Patient-Order-Sets_Report_OHTAC_UHNHHF_Feb_10_Final.pdf. Accessed Jan 12, 2013.
- 12Emergency Department Care—Hospital Report Research Collaborative. University of Toronto. Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Joint Initiative of the Ontario Hospital Association and the Government of Ontario, 2005., , Hospital Report 2005:
- 13Survey Implementation. Mail and Internet Surveys: The Tailored Design Method. 2nd ed. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2007.
- 14Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term Care. Ontario Wait Times. Available at: http://waittimes.hco-on.ca/en/search/er/. Accessed Jan 12, 2013.
- 15Government of Ontario. Joint Policy and Planning Committee. Available at: http://govdocs.ourontario.ca/results?source=Ontario.+Joint+Policy+and+Planning+Committee. Accessed Jan 12, 2013.
- 16Council of Academic Hospitals of Ontario. Homepage. Available at: http://www.caho-hospitals.com/. Accessed Jan 12, 2013.
- 17Changing provider behavior: an overview of systematic reviews of interventions. Med Care. 2001;8(Suppl 2):II2–45., , , et al.
- 19A Population-based Study on the Association of Standardized Protocols in the Emergency Department for Childhood Asthma on Outcomes in Ontario, Canada. Toronto: University of Toronto, 2010..
- 21Educational outreach visits: effects on professional practice and health care outcomes. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007;4:CD000409., , , et al.
- 22Changing clinical practice, helping people quit: the Wisconsin Cessation Outreach model. WI Med J. 2005;104:32–6., , , , .