Dr. Hiestand consults for newMentor, Inc., and Insight PD and has grants from Medtronic, Inc., Biosite Inc., Heartscape International, Nanosphere Inc., The Medicines Company, Sanofi Aventis, and Dyax. The other authors have stated no disclosures or conflicts of interest.
Original Research Contribution
Weekday Psychiatry Faculty Rounds on Emergency Department Psychiatric Patients Reduces Length of Stay
Version of Record online: 14 MAY 2013
© 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 5, pages 498–502, May 2013
How to Cite
Academic Emergency Medicine 2013; 20:498–502 © 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
- Issue online: 14 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 14 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 30 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 OCT 2012
- 1Executive summary: the Institute of Medicine report and the future of academic emergency medicine: the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine and Association of Academic Chairs in Emergency Medicine Panel: Association of American Medical Colleges annual meeting, October 28, 2006. Acad Emerg Med. 2007;14:261–7., , , , .
- 9Waiting room crowding and agitation in a dedicated psychiatric emergency service. Ann Clin Psychiatry. 2012;24:140–2., , , et al.
- 11National Alliance on Mental Illness. State Mental Health Cuts: A National Crisis. Available at: http://www.nami.org/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm?ContentFileID=126233. Accessed Feb 25, 2013.
- 13Quantile Regression. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 2007., .
- 14Memorandum to Joint Legislative Oversight Committee for MH/DD/SAS, NC State Legislature. Available at: http://nationsnet.com/naminc/dihoff_documents/state_plan_for_dix_closure.pdf. Accessed Feb 25, 2013..
- 15The state of mental health care: a fractured system is in danger of breaking down completely, leaving officials wondering - how did it get this bad. Smokey Mountain News. 1-16-2008..