The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
The Development of the Emergency Medicine Milestones
Version of Record online: 19 JUN 2013
© 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 7, pages 724–729, July 2013
How to Cite
Academic Emergency Medicine 2013; 20:724–729 © 2013 by the Society forAcademic Emergency Medicine
- Issue online: 16 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 19 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 22 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 14 DEC 2012
- 1The CEO's first column–the next step in the outcomes-based accreditation project. ACGME Bulletin. 2008;May:2–4..
- 2Emergency medicine milestones. J Grad Med Educ. 2013;5(1S):5–13., , , et al.
- 6Beyond competencies and milestones: adding meaning through context. J Grad Med Educ. 2010; 2:419–22., .
- 7Five steps from novice to expert. Mind over Machine. New York, NY:Free Press, 1988, pp 16–51., .
- 9Becoming a specialty. Anyone, Anything, Anytime: A History of Emergency Medicine. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby Elsevier, 2006, p 163..
- 10American College of Emergency Physicians Core Content Task Force. Emergency medicine core content. J Am Coll Emerg Phy. 1979; 8:34–41.
- 11The National Board of Medical Examiners. Practice Analysis. Available at: http://www.nbme.org/health-profession-services/Resources/practiceanalysis.html. Accessed March 15, 2013.
- 15Validity and Its Threats. Downing SM, Yudkowsky R (eds). Assessment in Health Professions Education. New York, NY: Routledge, 2009, pp 21–55., .
- 16Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. ACGME Program Requirements for Graduate Medical Education in Emergency Medicine. Available at: https://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/Portals/0/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/110emergencymed07012007.pdf. Accessed March 21, 2013.
- 17Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Next Accreditation System: Review and Comment – Phase I. Available at: http://www.acgme-nas.org/review-comment.html. Accessed March 21, 2013.
- 18Committee on Quality of Health Care in America, Institute of Medicine. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 2001.
- 20Educating Physicians–A Call for Reform of Medical School and Residency. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2010., , .
- 21American Board of Medical Specialties. Maintenance of Certification. Available at: http://www.abms.org/Maintenance_of_Certification/ABMS_MOC.aspx. Accessed March 21, 2013.