Presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, April 28–May 1, 2012; Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, May 2012; and the American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference & Exhibition, New Orleans, LA, October 2012.
Original Research Contribution
Frequency of Pregnancy Testing Among Adolescent Emergency Department Visits
Article first published online: 15 AUG 2013
© 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 8, pages 816–821, August 2013
How to Cite
Academic Emergency Medicine 2013;20:816–821 © 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
This work was supported by NIH grant K23 HD070910-01 (MKG), Department of Pediatrics, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (MKG). The funders had no role in the study design; collection, analysis, or interpretation of data; writing of the report; or the decision to submit the paper for publication. The authors have no other disclosures or conflicts of interest to report.
- Issue published online: 15 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 15 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 19 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 JAN 2013
- 1U.S. Teenage Pregnancies, Births, and Abortions, 2008: National Trends by Age, Race, and Ethnicity. Available at: http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/USTPtrends08.pdf. Accessed Jun 3, 2013., .
- 3Estimated pregnancy rates for the United States, 1990-2005: an update. Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2009;58:1–14., , , .
- 6National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2004 emergency department summary. Adv Data. 2006:1–29., .
- 11Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. NHAMCS Scope and Sample Design. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/ahcd/ahcd_scope.htm#nhamcs_scope. Accessed Jun 3, 2013.
- 13Analysis of Health Surveys. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons, 1999., .
- 18Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Youth risk behavior surveillance–United States, 2009. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2010;59:1–148.
- 19Adolescent pregnancy and childbirth–United States, 1991-2008. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2011;60 Suppl:105–8., , , , .
- 20Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). HCUP-US NEDS Overview. Available at: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/nedsoverview.jsp. Accessed Jun 3, 2013.