Emergency Department Safety Assessment and Follow-up Evaluation (ED-SAFE) Investigators are listed in A.
Original Research Contribution
Evaluating Current Patterns of Assessment for Self-harm in Emergency Departments: A Multicenter Study
Article first published online: 15 AUG 2013
© 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 8, pages 807–815, August 2013
How to Cite
Academic Emergency Medicine 2013; 20:807–815 © 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Presented at The Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, May 2012.
This project was supported by Award U01MH088278 from the National Institute of Mental Health. Dr. Caterino's time was supported by Award 1K23AG038351 from the National Institute on Aging. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institute of Mental Health, National Institute on Aging, or the National Institutes of Health. The authors declare no conflicts of interest or disclosures.
- Issue published online: 15 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 15 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 14 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 14 JAN 2013
- 2National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2006 emergency department summary. Natl Health Stat Report. 2008;(7):1–38., , , .
- 5Suicidality and risk of suicide–definition, drug safety concerns, and a necessary target for drug development: a consensus statement. J Clin Psychiatry. 2010; 71:e1–e21., , , et al.
- 10A prospective study of depression among adult patients in an urban emergency department. Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry. 2006; 8:66–70., , , , .
- 11Bipolar disorder screening among adult patients in an urban emergency department setting. Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry. 2006; 8:348–51., , , , .
- 15The Joint Commission. Hospital and Critical Access Hospital National Patient Safety Goals. Available at: http://www.jointcommission.org/standards_information/npsgs.aspx. Accessed Jun 3, 2013.
- 19Mental illness surveillance among adults in the United States. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2011; 60(Suppl 3):1–29., , , et al.
- 22Generalized Linear Models and Extensions. 3rd ed. College Station, TX: Stata Press, 2012., .
- 23Methods for estimating adjusted risk ratios. Stata J. 2009; 9:175–96..