This article reports on a breakout session of the May 2013 Academic Emergency Medicine consensus conference in Atlanta, GA: “Global Health and Emergency Care: A Research Agenda.”
Global Health and Emergency Care: A Postgraduate Medical Education Consensus-based Research Agenda
Article first published online: 16 DEC 2013
© 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 20, Issue 12, pages 1233–1240, December 2013
How to Cite
Academic Emergency Medicine2013;20:1233–1240© 2013 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Breakout session participants: John R. Allegra, Satchit Balsari, Torben Becker, Suzanne Bentley, Kate Douglass, Stephen Dunlop, James Holliman, Gabrielle A. Jacquet, Kajal Khanna, Rebecca Kornas, Adam C. Levine, Ian B.K. Martin, John T. Meredith, Amelia Pousson, Natasha N. Powell, and Janis P. Tupesis.
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue published online: 16 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 16 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 20 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Received: 14 JUL 2013
- 4Baylor College of Medicine. PEM Global Health Track. Available at: http://www.bcm.edu/pediatrics/emergencymedicine/index.cfm?PMID=17233. AccessedSep 21, 2013.
- 6Improving knowledge and process for international emergency medicine fellowship applicants: a call for a uniform application. Emerg Med Int. 2013; 2013:737391., , , et al.
- 7Fellowships in international emergency medicine in the United States: a comparative survey of program directors' and fellows' perspectives on the curriculum. Postgrad Med J. 2013;doi: 10.1136/postgradmedj-2012-131714 [Epub ahead of print]., , , et al.
- 9International Emergency Medicine Fellowships. Homepage. Available at: http://www.iemfellowships.com. Accessed Sep 21, 2013.
- 10The world is waiting: global emergency medicine. Emergencias. 2013:in press., .
- 11How can PhD research contribute to the global health research agenda? Can J Public Health. 2006; 97:145–8., , .
- 15Cost-effectiveness and benefit of alternatives to improve training for prehospital trauma care in Mexico. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2004; 19:318–25., , , , .
- 30U.S. Customs and Border Protection. CBP: Securing America's Borders. Available at: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/border_security/bs/border_sec_initiatives_lp.xml. Accessed Sep 21, 2013.
- 37The neonatal resuscitation training project in rural South Africa. Rural Remote Health. 2005; 5:459., , .
- 41“Emergency Medical Services” in Disease Control Priorities in Developing Countries, 2nd ed. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 2006., , , , , .
- 44A Guide to Assessing Needs: Essential Tools for Collecting Information, Making Decisions, and Achieving Development Results. Washington, DC: World Bank, 2012., , .
- 46Needs assessment in postgraduate medical education: a review. Med Educ Online. 2002; 7:8., .
- 47Evaluating Training Programs. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers Inc., 1994..