Presented at the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, May 2013; and the Academy Health Annual Research Meeting, Baltimore, MD, June 2013.
Evidence-based Narratives to Improve Recall of Opioid Prescribing Guidelines: A Randomized Experiment
Article first published online: 20 FEB 2014
© 2014 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages 244–249, March 2014
How to Cite
Academic Emergency Medicine 2014;21:244–249 © 2014 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
This project was supported in part by an NIH career development award in comparative effectiveness research (ZFM) KM1 CA156715-01. Additional support was provided by an AHRQ patient-centered outcomes research and dissemination award (SFM) R18 HS021956-01. No commercial, financial, or other relationships in any way related to the subject of this article as per ICMJE conflict of interest guidelines exist. Dr. Meisel, an associate editor for this journal, had no role in the peer review or publication decision for this paper.
- Issue published online: 13 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 20 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 8 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 3 JUL 2013
- 3Institute of Medicine. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 2001.
- 5Effectiveness and efficiency of guideline dissemination and implementation strategies. Health Technol Assess 2004;8:1–72., , , et al.
- 6Toward evidence-based quality improvement. Evidence (and its limitations) of the effectiveness of guideline dissemination and implementation strategies, 1966-1998. J Gen Intern Med 2006;21(Suppl 2):S14–20., , , et al.
- 13Culturally appropriate storytelling to improve blood pressure: a randomized trial. Ann Intern Med 2011;154:77–84., , , et al.
- 18National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Unintentional Drug Poisoning in the United States. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/pdf/poison-issue-brief.pdf. Accessed Dec 4, 2013.
- 23Handbook of Qualitative Research, 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 2000:769–802., .
- 25Theoretical Issues in Free Recall. In: Dixon T, Horton D, eds. Verbal Behavior and General Behavior Theory. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1968:2–36..
- 26Relative Risk Regression in Medical Research: Models, Contrasts, Estimators, and Algorithms. University of Washington Biostatistics Working Paper Series. Available at: http://biostats.bepress.com/uwbiostat/paper293/. Accessed Dec 4, 2013., , .
- 27Entertainment-education and elaboration likelihood: understanding the processing of narrative persuasion. Comm Theory 2002;12:173–91., .