Presented at the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians Conference, Niagara Falls, ON, Canada, June 2012, and Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians Conference, Vancouver, BC, Canada, June 2013.
Barriers and Facilitators to Intraosseous Access in Adult Resuscitations When Peripheral Intravenous Access Is Not Achievable
Version of Record online: 13 MAR 2014
© 2014 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages 250–256, March 2014
How to Cite
Academic Emergency Medicine 2014;21:250–256 © 2014 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Funding provided by the Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Ottawa. The authors have no potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue online: 13 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 13 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 22 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 MAY 2013
- 7American College of Surgeons. Advanced Trauma Life Support for Doctors (Student Course Manual), 8th ed. Chicago, IL: American College of Surgeons, 2008.
- 8American Heart Association. American Heart Association guidelines for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care: part 7.2–management of cardiac arrest. Circulation 2005;112(Suppl 24):IV58–66.
- 9International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation. International consensus of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care science with treatment recommendations: advanced life support. Resuscitation 2005;67(Pt 4):213–47.
- 13The direct influence of attitudes on behaviour. In: Gollwitzer PM, Bargh JA, eds. The Psychology of Action: Linking Cognition and Motivation to Behavior. New York, NY: Guilford Press, 1996:385–403..
- 21The theory of planned behaviour and health behaviour. In: Conner M, Norman P, eds. Predicting Health Behaviour. Berkshire, UK: Open University Press, 1996:121–62., .
- 30Addressing mental health problems with the theory of planned behaviour. Psychol Health Med 1998;3:87–95., .
- 31A survey of factors associated with the use of intraosseous access in adult patients when peripheral intravenous access is not available [abstract]. CJEM 2013;15(Suppl 1):S14., , .
- 33Constructing questionnaires based on the Theory of Planned Behavior: a manual for health services researchers. Newcastle, UK: Center for Health Services Research, 2004., , , et al.
- 34Statistical Power Analyses, 2nd ed. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum, 1988..
- 36Intraosseous vascular access for in-hospital emergency use: a systematic clinical review of the literature and analysis. Pediatr Emerg Care 2012;28:185–99., , .