Presented at the International Society for Quality in Healthcare, London, UK, April 2013; the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, May 2013; and the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians Annual Conference, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, June 2013.
Enhancing the Quality of Morbidity and Mortality Rounds: The Ottawa M&M Model
Version of Record online: 13 MAR 2014
© 2014 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages 314–321, March 2014
How to Cite
Academic Emergency Medicine 2014;21:314–321 © 2014 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue online: 13 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 13 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 27 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 9 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 30 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 22 APR 2013
- 2Committee on Quality of Health Care in America, Institute of Medicine. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: National Academies Press, 2001.
- 3The Health Foundation. Quality Improvement Made Simple. London, UK: The Health Foundation, 2010.
- 6Using patient safety morbidity and mortality conferences to promote transparency and a culture of safety. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 2010;36:3–9., , , .
- 7Chapter 4: Mind the gap: educational needs assessment. In: Sherbino J, Frank JR, eds. Educational Design: A CanMEDS Guide for the Health Professions. Ottawa: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, 2011., .
- 15Preparing a Morbidity and Mortality Conference. Soc Acad Emerg Med Newsletter. Available at: http://www.saem.org/docs/residents/preparing-a-morbidity-and-mortality-conference.pdf?sfvrsn = 2. Accessed Dec 1, 2013., .
- 19on behalf of the Safety Competencies Steering Committee. The Safety Competencies: Enhancing Patient Safety Across the Health Professions. Ottawa, ON: Canadian Patient Safety Institute, 2008., , editors,
- 21Association of American Medical Colleges. Joint Committee of the Group on Resident Affairs and Organization of Resident Representatives. Patient Safety and Graduate Medical Education. Available at: https://members.aamc.org/eweb/upload/patient%20safety%20gme.pdf. Accessed Dec 1, 2013.
- 22Evaluation of training. In: Craig R, Mittel I, eds. Training and Development Handbook. New York, NY: McGraw Hill, 1967:87–112..