This paper was made possible by the generous funding of the Corporate Governance Research Centre. The authors would like to thank the conference participants of the second annual Finance and Corporate Governance Conference for their feedback, particularly the input of Bart Frijns, Robert Faff and Tom Smith, as well as seminar participants at La Trobe and Monash Universities. We would also like to acknowledge the thoughtful input of an anonymous referee.
Does insider trading explain price run-up ahead of takeover announcements?
Article first published online: 14 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Authors Accounting and Finance © 2012 AFAANZ
Accounting & Finance
Volume 54, Issue 1, pages 25–45, March 2014
How to Cite
Aspris, A., Foley, S., Frino, A. (2014), Does insider trading explain price run-up ahead of takeover announcements?. Accounting & Finance, 54: 25–45. doi: 10.1111/acfi.12003
- Issue published online: 3 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 14 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 3 AUG 2011
- Corporate Governance Research Centre
This article has been cited by:
- 1FT coverage and UK target price run-ups, The European Journal of Finance, 2015, 21, 12, 1070, ,