We thank an anonymous referee, Robert Faff, Olga Dodd, Graeme Guthrie, Martin Lally and Stefanie Schurer for their comments. We also thank seminar participants at the 2012 Victoria University of Wellington Finance Workshop, the 2012 Auckland Finance Meeting, the 2013 New Zealand Finance Colloquium and the 2013 Accounting and Finance Conference. We thank Robert Kieschnick, who provided comments while a Stephen Turnovsky Visiting Scholar at the School of Economics and Finance at Victoria University of Wellington. All remaining errors are our own.
Is the relationship between investment and conditional cash flow volatility ambiguous, asymmetric or both?
Article first published online: 1 AUG 2013
© 2013 AFAANZ
Accounting & Finance
Volume 53, Issue 4, pages 913–947, December 2013
How to Cite
O'Connor Keefe, M., Tate, J. (2013), Is the relationship between investment and conditional cash flow volatility ambiguous, asymmetric or both?. Accounting & Finance, 53: 913–947. doi: 10.1111/acfi.12034
*Correction added on 8 October 2013 after first publication online on 1 August 2013: The hypotheses have now been renumbered.
- Issue published online: 26 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 1 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 31 OCT 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 2The influence of cash flow volatility on capital structure and the use of debt of different maturities, Journal of Corporate Finance, 2016, 38, 18, ,
- 3The influence of moral hazard on investment in financially constrained and unconstrained firms, Finance Research Letters, 2014, 11, 3, 272, ,