A haunting that never stops: psychiatry's problem of description
Article first published online: 12 MAY 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica
Volume 127, Issue 6, pages 434–435, June 2013
How to Cite
Nordgaard, J. and Parnas, J. (2013), A haunting that never stops: psychiatry's problem of description. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, 127: 434–435. doi: 10.1111/acps.12092
- Issue published online: 12 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 12 MAY 2013
- 1General psychopathology, 7th edn. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 1963.. Allgemeine Psychopathologie. Springer, Berlin (English transl. J. Hoenig, MW Hamilton)
- 5Are psychiatrists an endangered species? Observations on internal and external challenges to the profession. World Psychiatry 2010;9:21–28..
- 6Philosophical issues in psychiatry II: nosology. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2012., .
- 8Varieties of ‘phenomenology’: on description, understanding and explanation in psychiatry. In: Kendler KS, Parnas J, eds. Philosophical issues in psychiatry explanation, phenomenology, and nosology. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008:239–277., .
- 9Assessing the diagnostic validity of a structured psychiatric interview in a first-admission hospital sample. World Psychiatry 2012;11:181–185., , , .