Clinical and regulatory implications of active run-in phases in long-term studies for bipolar disorder
Article first published online: 30 NOV 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons A/S. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd
Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica
Special Issue: “The Bipolar Maze: A Roadmap through Translational Psychopathology”, GUEST EDITOR Eduard Vieta
Volume 129, Issue 5, pages 328–342, May 2014
How to Cite
Clinical and regulatory implications of active run-in phases in long-term studies for bipolar disorder., , , .
- Issue published online: 15 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 30 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 OCT 2013
- UK Medical Research Council
- UK Economic and Social Research Council
- National Institute for Health Research
- Stanley Medical Research Institute
- 2National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). Bipolar disorder: the management of bipolar disorder in adults, children and adolescents, in primary and secondary care (Issue date: July 2006). Available at: www.nice.org.uk/CG038. Last accessed 31st July 2013.
- 4What is a run-in phase? Epidemiol Psichiatr Soc 2010;19:21–22., .
- 8European Medicines Agency. Committee for proprietary medicinal products: note for Guidance on clinical investigation of medicinal products for the treatment and prevention of bipolar disorder, April 2001. Available at: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Scientific_guideline/2009/09/WC500003528.pdf.
- 14Efficacy of aripiprazole adjunctive to lithium or valproate in the long-term treatment of patients with bipolar I disorder with an inadequate response to lithium or valproate monotherapy: a multicenter, double-blind, randomized study. Bipolar Disord 2011;13:133–144., , et al.
- 18Aripiprazole in combination with lamotrigine for the long-term treatment of patients with bipolar I disorder (manic or mixed): a randomized, multicenter, double-blind study (CN138-392). Bipolar Disord 2012;14:41–53., , et al.
- 20Enrichment design. In: D'Agostino RB, Sullivan LM, Massoro JM, eds. Wiley encyclopedia of clinical trials. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2007. doi: 10.1002/9780471462422.eoct342., .
- 26Substantial changes in prescription recommendations for bipolar disorder in Canada: 2002–2010. Can J Psychiatry 2012;57:263–268., , , .