Why South Africa's proposed advertising ban matters
Version of Record online: 10 MAY 2013
© 2013 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 108, Issue 7, pages 1183–1185, July 2013
How to Cite
Jernigan, D. (2013), Why South Africa's proposed advertising ban matters. Addiction, 108: 1183–1185. doi: 10.1111/add.12155
- Issue online: 7 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 10 MAY 2013
- 2World Health Organization. Global Status Report on Alcohol and Health 2011. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2011. Available at: http://www.who.int/substance_abuse/msbalcstragegy.pdf (accessed 10 June 2011) (Archived at http://www.webcitation.org/6F7NZTCsR on 14 March 2013).
- 3The Beer Giants are Toasting the Rise of Africa. London: The Telegraph; 2012. Available at: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/9307598/The-beer-giants-are-toasting-the-rise-of-Africa.html (accessed 20 September 2012) (Archived by http://www.webcitation.org/6F7OExXXF on 14 March 2013).
- 4Just The Interview—Paul Walsh on Diageo Full-Year. just-drinks.com; 2011. Available at: http://www.just-drinks.com/interview/just-the-interview-paul-walsh-on-diageo-full-year_id104880.aspx (accessed 30 September 2012) (Archived by http://www.webcitation.org/6F7PGC4Nk on 14 March 2013).
- 11S AFRICA: Diageo ‘Actively Engaged’ in Talks over New Alcohol Legislation. just-drinks.com; 2012. Available at: http://www.just-drinks.com/news/diageo-actively-engaged-in-talks-over-new-alcohol-legislation_id107517.aspx (accessed 20 September 2012) (Archived by http://www.webcitation.org/6F7PaFpqP on 14 March 2013).
- 13Center on Alcohol Marketing and Youth. Youth Exposure to Alcohol Advertising on Television, 2001–2009. Baltimore, MD: Center on Alcohol Marketing and Youth, 2010.
- 14Commercial Promotion of Drinking in Europe: Key Findings of Independent Monitoring of Alcohol Marketing in Five European countries. Utrecht: Dutch Institute for Alcohol Policy (STAP), 2012., ,
- 17Time watersheds and youth alcohol advertising exposure: cautionary tales from the U.S. and the Netherlands. J Public Aff; in press; 2013, DOI: 10.1002/pa.1452., ,