Characterizing tobacco control mass media campaigns in England
Article first published online: 14 AUG 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Addiction published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of The Society for the Study of Addiction.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 108, Issue 11, pages 2001–2008, November 2013
How to Cite
Langley, T., Lewis, S., McNeill, A., Gilmore, A., Szatkowski, L., West, R. and Sims, M. (2013), Characterizing tobacco control mass media campaigns in England. Addiction, 108: 2001–2008. doi: 10.1111/add.12293
- Issue published online: 10 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 14 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 9 JUL 2013 03:38AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 20 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 4 JAN 2013
- British Heart Foundation
- Cancer Research UK
- Economic and Social Research Council
- Medical Research Council
- National Institute for Health Research
- 3Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Best practices for comprehensive tobacco control programs. Atlanta: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health. 2007. (Archived at http://www.webcitation.org/6IIjFf1Yj on 22 July 2013).
- 9NHS. Smokefree Marketing Campaign Strategy: 2012–2015. Department of Health. 2012. (Archived at http://www.webcitation.org/6IIjZZwxt on 22 July 2013).
- 12Department of Health. Choosing Health. 2004. (Archived at http://www.webcitation.org/6IIkOUh7o on 22 July 2013).
- 13The National Social Marketing Centre. Case Study: Tobacco Control National Strategy. (Archived at http://www.webcitation.org/6IIkbneII on 22 July 2013).
- 14NHS. Emotional Consequences. 2004. Available at: http://smokefree.nhs.uk/resources/news/campaigns/2004-smokefree-campaign-testimonials-anthony-hicks/ (accessed 15 October 2012). (Archived at http://www.webcitation.org/6IIkixkq6 on 22 July 2013).
- 15NHS. Reasons. 2008. Available at: http://smokefree.nhs.uk/resources/news/campaigns/2008-smokefree-campaign-reasons/ (accessed 15 October 2012). (Archived at http://www.webcitation.org/6IIkqsdIHon 22 July 2013).