Acute alcohol-related dysfunction as a predictor of employment status in a longitudinal study of working-age men in Izhevsk, Russia
Article first published online: 13 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Addiction published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd on behalf of Society for the Study of Addiction
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 109, Issue 1, pages 44–54, January 2014
How to Cite
Cook, S., DeStavola, B. L., Saburova, L. and Leon, D. A. (2014), Acute alcohol-related dysfunction as a predictor of employment status in a longitudinal study of working-age men in Izhevsk, Russia. Addiction, 109: 44–54. doi: 10.1111/add.12329
- Issue published online: 12 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 13 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 AUG 2013 01:34AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 25 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Received: 21 MAR 2013
- Wellcome Trust. Grant Numbers: 067232, 078557
- 2Economic consequences of noncommunicable diseases and injuries in the Russian Federation. Copenhagen: WHO Regional Office for Europe on behalf of the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies; 2007., , , , ,
- 8World Health Organization (WHO). Unemployment, Poverty and Quality of Working Life—Innovative Interventions to Counteract Damaging Health Effects. Vienna: WHO; 1987.
- 16Measuring Alcohol Consumption: Psychosocial and Biochemical Methods. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press, Inc.; 1992.,
- 17Proxy respondents in a case–control study: validity, reliability and impact London: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine,University of London; 2006.
- 19Using Multivariate Statistics. New York: Harper Collins; 1996.,
- 21Mplus User's Guide. Los Angeles, CA: Muthèn & Muthèn; 1998–2007.,
- 22StataCorp. Stata Statistical Software:Release 12. College Station, TX: StataCorp LP; 2011.
- 23Measuring alcohol consumption in the United States: methods and rationales. Res Adv Alcohol Drug Probl 1990; 10: 39–80.
- 24Alcohol use. In: Ezzati M. , Lopez A. D. , Rodgers A. , Murray C. J. L. , editors. Comparative Quantification of Health Risks. Global and Regional Burden of Disease Attributable to Selected Major Risk Factors. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2004, pp. 959–1109., , , , , , et al.
- 25World Health Organization (WHO). Global status report on alcohol and health 2011. Geneva: WHO; 2011.