This article is a commentary on Zacher%20M,%20Bayly%20M,%20Brennan%20E,%20Dono%20J,%20Miller%20C,%20Durkin%20S%20et%20al.%20Personal%20tobacco%20pack%20display%20before%20and%20after%20the%20introduction%20of%20plain%20packaging%20with%20larger%20pictorial%20health%20warnings%20in%20Australia:%20an%20observational%20study%20of%20outdoor%20café%20strips.%20Addiction%202014;%20109:%20653–62.
Commentary on Zacher et al. (2014): Emerging behavioural impact of packaging changes in Australia: time for action elsewhere
Article first published online: 10 APR 2014
© 2014 Society for the Study of Addiction
Volume 109, Issue 5, pages 704–705, May 2014
How to Cite
McNeill, A., Brose, L. S. and Hitchman, S. C. (2014), Commentary on Zacher et al. (2014): Emerging behavioural impact of packaging changes in Australia: time for action elsewhere. Addiction, 109: 704–705. doi: 10.1111/add.12538
- Issue published online: 10 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 10 APR 2014
- 3The cigarette pack as image: new evidence from tobacco industry documents. Tobacco Control 2002; 11 (Suppl 1): i73–80., , ,
- 5Institute of Medicine and National Research Council. State programs can reduce tobacco use. National Cancer Policy Board, Institute of Medicine, National Research Council and Board on Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Institute of Medicine. Washington: National Academy of Sciences, February 2000. http://books.nap.edu/html/state_tobacco
- 6National Cancer Institute. The Role of the Media in Promoting and Reducing Tobacco Use. Tobacco Control Monograph No. 19. Bethesda, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute. NIH Pub. No. 07-6242, June 2008
- 7Parental influences predict adolescent smoking in the United States, 1989–1993. The Journal of Adolescent Health: Official Publication of the Society for Adolescent Medicine, 22: 466–474., , ,
- 11Think Global, Smoke Local: Transnational tobacco companies and cognitive globalisation. In Lee K. (ed.), Health impacts of globalization: towards global governance, Basingstoke: Palgrave MacMillan, 2003. p. 61–85
- 12Questions for Cameron over Lynton Crosby's links to alcohol and tobacco firms. The Newstatesman, 8 May 2013. Available at: http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/05/questions-cameron-over-lynton-crosbys-links-alcohol-and-tobacco-firms (accessed 21 February 2014) (archived at http://www.webcitation.org/6Nta78yx6 on 7 March 2014).