Systematic review of non-transportation rates and outcomes for older people who have fallen after ambulance service call-out
Article first published online: 17 APR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Australasian Journal on Ageing © 2013 ACOTA
Australasian Journal on Ageing
Volume 32, Issue 3, pages 147–157, September 2013
How to Cite
Mikolaizak, A. S., Simpson, P. M., Tiedemann, A., Lord, S. R. and Close, J. C. (2013), Systematic review of non-transportation rates and outcomes for older people who have fallen after ambulance service call-out. Australasian Journal on Ageing, 32: 147–157. doi: 10.1111/ajag.12023
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 17 APR 2013
- NSW Health Promotion Demonstration Research Grants Scheme
- 2Operational epidemiology of ambulance responses within Sydney: Implications for paramedic education and models of care. Conference proceedings of the Australasian College of Ambulance Professionals 2009 National Conference, 15–17 October 2009, Auckland New Zealand. Journal of Emergency Primary Healthcare 2009; 3: 18., , .
- 4The challenges of population ageing: Accelerating demand for emergency ambulance services by older patients, 1995–2015. The Medical Journal of Australia 2011; 194: 574–578., , et al.
- 16National Health and Medical Research Council. NHMRC additional levels of evidence and grades for recommendations for developers of guidelines. Australian Government, 2009. [Cited 3 December 2012.] Available from URL: https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmrc/file/guidelines/developers/nhmrc_levels_grades_evidence_120423.pdf
- 18Personal alarm use to call the ambulance after a fall in older people: Characteristics of clients and falls. Journal of Emergency Primary Health Care 2010; 8: 1., , et al.
- 20Enhancing the care of older people in the community. Nursing Standard 2006; 21: 35–39..
- 22Follow-up of elderly patients who refuse transport after accessing 9-1-1. Prehospital Emergency Care 2002; 6: 391–395., , et al.
- 23Emergency medical services screening of elderly falls in the home. Prehospital Emergency Care 2003; 7: 79–84., , et al.
- 24NICE. Falls: The Assessment and Prevention of Falls in Older People. 2011/08/12 Ed. London: National Institute for Clinical Excellence, 2004.
- 25An extended activities of daily living scale for stroke patients. Clinical Rehabilitation 1987; 1: 301–305., .
- 27‘Should I stay or should I go?’ Deciding whether to go to hospital after a 999 call. Journal of Health Services Research and Policy 2007; 12: 32–38., , et al.
- 36The changing face of prehospital care in New Zealand: The role of extended care paramedics. The New Zealand Medical Journal 2010; 123: 11–14., , .
- 37Keeping elders home: New lessons learned about supporting frail elders in our communities. Issue Brief (Massachusetts Health Policy Forum) 2002; 17: 1–27., .