For most helpful comments on an earlier draft the author is most thankful to Jorge Bateira, Luís Francisco Carvalho, William Davies, John Davis, Gary Dymski, Sheila Dow, Joaquim Feio, Geoffrey Harcourt, Stuart Holland, Tony Lawson, Vítor Neves, the participants of the Coimbra Conference on the Revival of Political Economy 2010, and the editor and anonymous referees of the American Journal of Economics and Sociology. The author is also most grateful to Pierangelo Garegnani, literary executor of Piero Sraffa's papers and correspondence, for permission to quote from Sraffa's unpublished papers, and to Jonathan Smith for his help when going through Sraffa's unpublished papers. The references to Sraffa's unpublished writings are those in the catalogue prepared by Jonathan Smith, archivist, at the Wren Library, Trinity College, Cambridge.
Classical Surplus Theory and Heterodox Economics
Article first published online: 18 OCT 2013
© 2013 American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Inc.
American Journal of Economics and Sociology
Volume 72, Issue 5, pages 1205–1231, November 2013
How to Cite
Martins, N. O. (2013), Classical Surplus Theory and Heterodox Economics. American Journal of Economics and Sociology, 72: 1205–1231. doi: 10.1111/ajes.12045
- Issue published online: 18 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 18 OCT 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!