Costas Panayotakis teaches sociology at CUNY's New York City College of Technology. He has published a number of scholarly articles on political economy, social movements, and ecology and is the author of Remaking Scarcity: From Capitalist Inefficiency to Economic Democracy.
Capitalism, Meritocracy, and Social Stratification: A Radical Reformulation of the Davis-Moore Thesis†
Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2014
© 2014 American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Inc.
American Journal of Economics and Sociology
Volume 73, Issue 1, pages 126–150, January 2014
How to Cite
Panayotakis, C. (2014), Capitalism, Meritocracy, and Social Stratification: A Radical Reformulation of the Davis-Moore Thesis. American Journal of Economics and Sociology, 73: 126–150. doi: 10.1111/ajes.12068
Address correspondence to: Costas Panayotakis, 836 Washington Avenue, 3B, Brooklyn, NY 11238. Tel: 718-857-2652. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issue online: 2 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!