This article was generated from a PhD thesis undertaken and defended at University College Cork (December 2010). The author would like to acknowledge that the PhD research was funded primarily by the Faculty of Arts, University College Cork, PhD research scholarship, and in part by two international Irish nongovernmental institutions, Self Help International and Vita. Acknowledgment is also due to Dr. Kathy Glavanis-Grantham (my PhD thesis supervisor) for her comments and sustained encouragement in the course of this study. I thank the editor and the reviewers of this journal for their constructive criticisms and remarks on the earlier versions of the article.
Social Capital as Collateral: Banking on the Poor
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2014
© 2014 American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Inc.
American Journal of Economics and Sociology
Volume 73, Issue 1, pages 108–125, January 2014
How to Cite
Geleta, E. B. (2014), Social Capital as Collateral: Banking on the Poor. American Journal of Economics and Sociology, 73: 108–125. doi: 10.1111/ajes.12070
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2014
- Faculty of Arts, University College Cork
- Two international Irish nongovernmental institutions, Self Help International and Vita
Vol. 73, Issue 2, 443, Article first published online: 2 APR 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!