Novel non-specific liquid fingerprint technology for wine analysis: a feasibility study
Article first published online: 20 FEB 2014
© 2014 Aqsens Oy. Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research published by Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd on behalf of Australian Society of Viticulture and Oenology Inc.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and is not used for commercial purposes.
Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research
Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 172–177, June 2014
How to Cite
Siivonen, J.J., Väisänen, P.I., Tiittanen, S.A., Lehmusto, M.M., Lehtonen, P., Patrikainen, E., Teimonen, T., Törnkvist, N., Mundill, P., Hänninen, P. and Härmä, H. (2014), Novel non-specific liquid fingerprint technology for wine analysis: a feasibility study. Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research, 20: 172–177. doi: 10.1111/ajgw.12066
- Issue published online: 23 MAY 2014
- Article first published online: 20 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 29 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 27 FEB 2013
- 2008) Portable e-nose to classify different kinds of wine. Sensors and Actuators. B, Chemical 131, 71–76. , , , , and (
- 2010) A practical approach to optical cross-reactive sensor arrays. Chemical Society Reviews 39, 3954–3979. , , , and (
- 2003) Sense of smell: recognition and transduction of olfactory signals. Biochemical Society Transactions 31, 113–116. (
- 2011) Basics of lanthanide photophysics. Lanthanide Luminescence 7, 1–45. and (
- 2011) Chemical and sensory evaluation of Bordeaux wines (Cabernet-Sauvignon and Merlot) and correlation with wine age. Food Chemistry 126, 1971–1977. , , and (
- 2004) Changes in phenolic compounds and colour parameters of red wine aged with oak chips and in oak barrels. Food Science and Technology International 10, 233–241. , and (
- 2004) Evolution of metal and polyphenol content over a 1-year period of vinification: sample fractionation and correlation between metals and anthocyanins. Analytica Chimica Acta 524, 215–224. , , , , , and (
- European Commission (2000) Commission Regulation (EC) no. 2729/2000 of 14 December 2000 laying down detailed implementing rules on controls in the wine sector. Official Journal of the European Union L 316, 16–29.
- European Commission (2008) Commission Regulation (EC) no. 555/2008 of 27 June 2008 laying down detailed rules for implementing Council Regulation (EC) no. 479/2008 on the common organisation of the market in wine as regards support programmes, trade with third countries, production potential and on controls in the wine sector. Official Journal of the European Union L 170, 1–80.
- 2010) The analysis of grapes, wine, and other alcoholic beverages by infrared spectroscopy. Handbook of Vibrational Spectroscopy. Li Chan, E.C.Y. , Griffiths, P.R. and Chalmers, J.M. , eds. Applications of vibrational spectroscopy in food science. II Analysis of food, drink and related materials (John Wiley & Sons: West Sussex, England, UK) pp. 539–556. , and (
- 2013) Fuzzy liquid analysis by an array of nonspecifically interacting reagents: the taste of fluorescence. Journal of the American Chemical Society 135, 7422–7425. , , , , , , , , , and (
- 2001) Europium nanoparticles and time-resolved fluorescence for ultrasensitive detection of prostate-specific antigen. Clinical Chemistry 47, 561–568. , and (
- 2008) Quantitative reconstruction of the nonvolatile sensometabolome of a red wine. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 56, 9190–9199. and (
- 2008) FactoMineR: an R package for multivariate analysis. Journal of Statistical Software 25, 1–18. and (
- 2006) Wine classification with a zinc oxide SAW sensor array. Sensors and Actuators. B, Chemical 120, 166–171. , , , , , , , , and (
- 2011) Stable luminescent chelates and macrocyclic compounds. Lanthanide Luminescence 7, 47–88. and (
- 1993) Development of Luminescent Europium(III) and Terbium(III) chelates of 2,2′:6′,2′′- terpyridine derivatives for protein labelling. Helvetica Chimica Acta 76, 1361–1378. , , , and (
- 2009) A 21st century technique for food control: electronic noses. Analytica Chimica Acta 638, 1–15. and (
- R Core Development Team (2008) R: a language and environment for statistical computing (R Foundation for Statistical Computing: Vienna, Austria).
- 2012) Orthonasal aroma characteristics of Spanish red wines from different price categories and their relationship to expert quality judgements. Australian Journal of Grape and Wine Research 18, 268–279. , , , and (
- 1971) The polymeric nature of wine pigments. Phytochemistry 10, 2175–2186. (
- 1977) Spectral evaluation of young red wines: anthocyanin equilibria, total phenolics, free and molecular SO2, ‘chemical age’. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 28, 279–287. and (
- 2011) Wine flavor and aroma. Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology 38, 1145–1159. , and (
- 2008) Relevance of chromatographic efficiency in varietal authenticity verification of red wines based on their anthocyanin profiles: interference of pyranoanthocyanins formed during wine ageing. Analytica Chimica Acta 621, 52–56. , , , , and (
- 1999) Fluorescence spectroscopy of single biomolecules. Science 283, 1676–1683. (