Estimating the Impact of Reducing Violence Against Female Sex Workers on HIV Epidemics in Kenya and Ukraine: A Policy Modeling Exercise
Article first published online: 6 FEB 2013
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons A/S
American Journal of Reproductive Immunology
Special Issue: Sexual Violence and HIV Transmission
Volume 69, Issue Supplement s1, pages 122–132, February 2013
How to Cite
Estimating the impact of reducing violence against female sex workers on HIV epidemics in Kenya and Ukraine: a policy modeling exercise. Am J Reprod Immunol 2013; 69 (Suppl. 1): 122–132, , , , , , , .
- Issue published online: 6 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 6 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 AUG 2012
- 5The context of economic insecurity and its relation to violence and risk factors for HIV among female sex workers in Andhra Pradesh, India. Public Health Rep 2010; 125(Suppl 4):81–89., , , , :
- 6Sex Workers Rights Advocacy N: Arrest the violence: human rights abuses against sex workers in central and Eastern Europe and central Asia 2009.
- 15Health risks and power among female sex workers in Moscow. SEICUS Rep 2005; 22:18–26., , , , , , :
- 20The physiology of sexual violence, genito-anal injury and HIV: opportunities for improving risk estimation. Am J Reprod Immunol. 2012. [Epub ahead of print].:
- 26Futures Institute: Goals Manual: A Model for Estimating the Effects of Interventions and Resource Allocation on HIV Infections and Deaths. Glastonbury, CT, Futures Institute, 2011.
- 27WHO: Antiretrovial Therapy for HIV Infection in Adults and Adolescents: 2010 Revision. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2010.
- 31WHO: Systematic Review on Violence Against Sex Workers and HIV. Geneva, WHO, 2012. (forthcoming).
- 33HIV risks among female sex workers in Croatia and Montenegro. Coll Antropol 2010; 34:881–886., , , , , , :
- 34The connections of mental health problems, violent life experiences, and the social milieu of the ‘stroll’ with the HIV risk behaviors of female street sex workers. J Psychol Human Sex 2005; 17:23–44., , , :
- 39AIDS Alliance Ukraine: Publications of the HIV/AIDS Alliance in Ukraine. http://www.aidsalliance.org.ua/cgi-bin/index.cgi?url=/en/library/our/index.htm, 2011.
- 40National AIDS Control Council: UNGASS 2010: Country Report - Kenya: National AIDS Control Council, 2010.
- 41National Aids Control Council OotPK, World B, Unaids: Kenya HIV Prevention Response and Modes of Transmission Analysis. Nairobi, NACC, 2009.
- 42UNAIDS, Ministry of Health of Ukraine: Ukraine: national report on monitoring progress toward the UNGASS Declaration of commitment on HIV/AIDS. Reporting period: January 2008 – December 2009. Kiev 2010.
- 50Exploring dynamics of anal sex among female sex workers in Andhra Pradesh. Indian J Sex Transm Dis 2012; 33:9–15., , , , :
- 52Declines in risk behaviour and sexually transmitted infection prevalence following a community-led HIV preventive intervention among female sex workers in Mysore, India. AIDS 2008; 22(Suppl 5):S91–S100., , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , :
- 53Amnesty International: Nigeria: Rape- the Silent Weapon. London, Amnesty International, 2006. AFR 44/020/2006.
- 54ASWA: Final report: “I expect to be abused and I have fear”: sex workers' experiences of human rights violations and barriers to accessing healthcare in four African countries. 2011.
- 62WHO: Violence Against Women and HIV/AIDS: Critical Interections - Intimate Partner Violence and HIV/AIDS. Geneva, World Health Organization, 2004.
- 63WHO: WHO Multi-country Study on Women's Health and Domestic Violence against Women. Geneva, WHO, 2005.
- 65USAID, Ministry of Health of Ukraine: Ukraine: HIV/AIDS Health Profile. Kiev, USAID, Ministry of Health of Ukraine, 2010.
- 68USAID, Ministry of Health of Ukraine: Europe and Eurasia Region: HIV/AIDS Health Profile. Kiev, USAID, Ministry of Health of Ukraine, 2011.
- 72NASCOP: Most-At-Risk Populations: Unveiling New Evidence for Accelerated Programming (MARPs Surveillance Report). Nairobi: National AIDS and STD Control Program, 2012.
- 76Monitoring Behavior of Female Commercial Sex Workers as a Component of Second Generation Epidemiological Survey. Kyiv, International HIV/AIDS Alliance, 2007., , :