The case for retaining severe perineal tears as an indicator of the quality of obstetric care
Article first published online: 1 NOV 2012
© 2012 The Author ANZJOG © 2012 The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Volume 53, Issue 1, pages 3–8, February 2013
How to Cite
Baghurst, P. A. (2013), The case for retaining severe perineal tears as an indicator of the quality of obstetric care. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 53: 3–8. doi: 10.1111/ajo.12014
- Issue published online: 14 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 1 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 JUL 2012
- 2Benchmarking Maternity Care 2006–2008. Canberra, ACT, Australia: Women's Hospitals Australasia, 2009., , .
- 4Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Towards National Indicators of Safety and Quality in Healthcare. Cat No. HSE 75 Canberra, ACT: AIHW, 2009.
- 5Measures of Patient Safety Based on Hospital Administrative Data – The Patient Safety Indicators. Technical Review 5. AHRQ Publication No. 02-0038. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. 2002; 131–133., , et al.
- 6Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Good Practice No. 7: Maternity Dashboard: Clinical Performance and Governance Score Card. January 2008. [Accessed 9 July 2012.] Available from URL: http://www.rcog.org.uk/files/rcog-corp/uploaded-files/GoodPractice7MaternityDashboard2008.pdf.
- 8Validation of the 1994 South Australian Perinatal Data Collection Form. Adelaide, SA: Pregnancy Outcome Unit, Department of Human Services, 2001., , et al.
- 11Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Green-top Guideline No. 29. The management of third- and fourth-degree perineal tears. 2007. [Accessed 9 July 2012.] Available from URL: http://www.rcog.org.uk/files/rcog-corp/GTG2911022011.pdf.
- 18Report of the Australian and New Zealand Paediatric Intensive Care Registry2010, 2012; 42-53. [Accessed 9 July 2012.] Available from URL: http://www.anzics.com.au/downloads/doc_download/567-2010-anzpic-registry-annual-report., , .
- 22Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare. Australian Safety and Quality Framework for Health Care. Putting the Framework into action: Getting started [Accessed 11 April 2012.] Available from URL: http://www.safetyandquality.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ASQFHC-Guide-Healthcare-team.pdf.
- 23Using the quality improvement cycle on clinical indicators – improve or remove? Med J Aust 2010; 193: S104–S106., , et al.