GP obstetricians' views of the model of maternity care in New Zealand
Article first published online: 14 FEB 2013
© 2013 The Authors ANZJOG © 2012 The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Volume 53, Issue 1, pages 21–25, February 2013
How to Cite
Miller, D. L., Mason, Z. and Jaye, C. (2013), GP obstetricians' views of the model of maternity care in New Zealand. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 53: 21–25. doi: 10.1111/ajo.12037
- Issue published online: 14 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 14 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 19 JUL 2012
- University of Otago
- 1Nurses Amendment Act – Information for Health Providers. Department of Health, Wellington, October 1990. ISBN 0-477-07520-7
- 2Notice Pursuant to Section 88 of the New Zealand Public Health and Disability Act 2000. Wellington: Ministry of Health; 2002. [Accessed August 2011.] Available from URL: http://www.moh.govt.nz/moh.nsf/indexmh/maternity-section88notice
- 4Maternity Services Consumer Satisfaction Survey. Ministry of Health, 2007. [Accessed 26 October 2011.] Available from URL: http://www.moh.govt.nz/moh.nsf
- 5New Maternity Services Funding. Press release: Ministry of Health, 2 July 2007.
- 6Otago Polytechnic School of Midwifery. [Accessed 26 October 2011.] Available from URL: www.otagopolytechnic.ac.nz/schools-departments/midwifery.html
- 7The Baby Business. Nelson: Craig Potton Publishing, Astra Print Ltd., 2008, ISBN 978-1-877333-83-5..
- 8How safe is a tired midwife? Strategies to enhance the provision of effective care in situation of sleep deprivation. N Z College Midwives J 2002a; 27: 5–8..
- 9Using codes and code manuals. In: Crabtree BF, Miller WL, eds. Doing Qualitative Research, 2nd edn. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 1999; 163–177., .
- 10Workforce trends in specialist and GP obstetric practice in Victoria. Med J Aust 2007; 186(1): 26–30., , .
- 12Midwifery Workforce Report Updated 2010. New Zealand Midwifery Council. [Accessed March 2012.] Available from URL: http://www.midwiferycouncil.health.nz/workforce-data/.
- 13Ministry of Health. Maternity Services Consumer Satisfaction Survey, 2002. [Accessed 26 October 2011.] Available from URL: http://www.moh.govt.nz/moh.nsf
- 14Rural Women New Zealand Submission on the Draft Maternity Action Plan 2008–2012. [Accessed 26 October 2011.] Available from URL: www.ruralwomen.org/documents/RWNZMAPSubmission.doc
- 15Midwifery search still on for Dargaville Hospital. Kaipara Lifestyler. 16 December 2010
- 16Ministry of Health. Maternity Action Plan 2008–2012: Draft for consultation, 2008. ISBN 978-0-478-31841-8. [accessed 26 October 2011.] Availabe from URL: http://www.moh.govt.nz/moh.nsf/indexmh/draft-maternity-action-plan-2008-2012
- 17Health Workforce Information Programme. New Zealand Midwifery workforce analysis, 2009. [Accessed 26 October 2011.] Available from URL: www.centraltas.co.nz/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=q_Uyvz7XMd0
- 18Perinatal and Maternal Mortality Review Committee. Perinatal and Maternal Mortality in New Zealand 2009: Fifth Annual Report. Wellington: Ministry of Health, 2011, ISBN 978-0-478-36667-9 (Online).
- 20Amanda Cameron. Cradle to grave care for Kaipara. New Zealand Doctor 2008; March 26: 2
- 21Final year medical students' perceptions of maternity care in general practice. N Z Med J 2012; 125(1352): 39–47, ISSN 1175 8716., .
- 22Future practice of graduates of the New Zealand Diploma of Obstetrics and Gynaecology or Certificate in Women's Health. N Z Med J 2008; 121(1282): 29–38., , .