This study was funded by the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation.
The Added Value of the School of the 21st Century When Combined With a Statewide Preschool Program
Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2013
© 2013 American Orthopsychiatric Association
American Journal of Orthopsychiatry
Volume 83, Issue 1, pages 89–93, January 2013
How to Cite
Ginicola, M., Finn-Stevenson, M. and Zigler, E. (2013), The Added Value of the School of the 21st Century When Combined With a Statewide Preschool Program. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 83: 89–93. doi: 10.1111/ajop.12004
- Issue online: 18 JAN 2013
- Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2013
- 2006). The state of preschool 2006: State preschool yearbook. New Brunswick, NJ: National Institute for Early Education Research. , , , & (
- Brookings Institute. (2007). Success by 10: Intervening early, often and effectively. Roundtable discussion. Washington, DC: Author.
- 1998). School-based childcare: How and why it works. Principal, 77, 43–46. , , & (
- 1999). Whole school reform in a low-income African-American community: The effects of the CoZi model on teachers, parents, and students. New Haven, CT: The Bush Center in Child Development and Social Policy. , , & (
- 1998). Linking childcare and support services with the school: Pilot evaluation of the School of the 21st Century. Children and Youth Services Review, 20, 177–205. , , & (
- 1999). Schools of the twenty first century: Linking childcare and education. Boulder, CO: Westview Press. , & (
- 1998). The Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale: Revised edition. New York, NY: Teachers College Press. , , & (
- 2007). The effects of the Arkansas Better Chance Program on young children's school readiness. New Brunswick, NJ: National Institute for Early Education Research. , , , & . (
- 2007). The benefits and costs of Head Start. Social Policy Report, 21(3), 1–19. , & (
- 1995). A program evaluation: Does the center project effectively reduce parental stress? (Doctoral dissertation). University of Colorado, Denver, CO. . (
- 1995). The Work Sampling System: An overview. Ann Arbor, MI: Rebus Planning Associates. , , , , , & (
- 1995). The Work Sampling System: Reliability and validity of a performance assessment for young children. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 10, 277–296. , , , & (
- Pre-K in Arkansas. (2007). Arkansas Better Chance for school success. Retrieved from http://www.arkansas.gov/childcare/abc/pps/ABCSS.ppt
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families. (2005). Head Start impact study: First year findings. Washington, DC: Author.