Acknowledgements: An earlier version of this article was awarded joint runner-up in the National Museum of Australia Mike Smith Prize (for the History of Australian Science or Australian Environmental History) for 2012–2013. I would like to thank the anonymous reviewers, Margaret Hutchison, Karen Downing, Greg Barton and Tom Griffiths for providing valuable comments and criticisms.
Australia, the International Geophysical Year and the 1959 Antarctic Treaty
Article first published online: 18 DEC 2013
© 2013 The Author. Australian Journal of Politics and History © 2013 School of History, Philosophy, Religion and Classics, School of Political Science and International Studies, The University of Queensland and Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd.
Australian Journal of Politics & History
Volume 59, Issue 4, pages 532–546, December 2013
How to Cite
Antonello, A. (2013), Australia, the International Geophysical Year and the 1959 Antarctic Treaty. Australian Journal of Politics & History, 59: 532–546. doi: 10.1111/ajph.12031
- Issue published online: 18 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 18 DEC 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!