I am indebted to my reviewers and the editor Rick Wilson, whose criticisms and suggestions improved the article considerably. Equal thanks to Jeff Gill, Thomas Gschwend, Adam Ramey, Tobias Heinrich, Thomas Pluemper, Vera Troeger, Tom Scotto, Ray Duch, and Michel Becher for their excellent comments and advice. Earlier versions of this article were presented at the 2011 annual meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association and the first conference of the European Political Science Association in Dublin, 2011. I thank participants and discussants for helpful comments and suggestions. Replication data and supplemental material are available at the author's website and the AJPS dataverse at http://hdl.handle.net/1902.1/18628.
How Many Countries for Multilevel Modeling? A Comparison of Frequentist and Bayesian Approaches
Article first published online: 10 JAN 2013
©2013, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 57, Issue 3, pages 748–761, July 2013
How to Cite
Stegmueller, D. (2013), How Many Countries for Multilevel Modeling? A Comparison of Frequentist and Bayesian Approaches. American Journal of Political Science, 57: 748–761. doi: 10.1111/ajps.12001
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 10 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!