I would like to thank Larry Bartels, Lisa Blaydes, Carles Boix, Damarys Canache, José Cheibub, Jeff Cohen, Alex Debs, Larry Diamond, Tiberiu Dragu, Georgy Egorov, Jon Eguia, Scott Gehlbach, Navid Hassanpour, Jude Hays, Phil Keefer, Carrie Konold, Beth Leech, Beatriz Magaloni, Nikolay Marinov, Mathew McCubbins, James Melton, Monika Nalepa, Mattias Polborn, Robert Powell, Rainer Schwabe, Francesco Sobbrio, Bonnie Weir, Matt Winters, and participants at seminars at the University of Illinois, IMT Lucca, Northwestern, Princeton, Stanford, University of São Paulo, Yale, and the APSA and MPSA conferences for helpful comments and Dan Koev and Michael Martin for research assistance. The data and simulation code from this article can be found at the author's website, http://publish.illinois.edu/msvolik/.
Learning to Love Democracy: Electoral Accountability and the Success of Democracy
Article first published online: 17 APR 2013
©2013, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 57, Issue 3, pages 685–702, July 2013
How to Cite
Svolik, M. W. (2013), Learning to Love Democracy: Electoral Accountability and the Success of Democracy. American Journal of Political Science, 57: 685–702. doi: 10.1111/ajps.12005
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 17 APR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!