The authors are grateful to the Russell Sage Foundation and the National Science Foundation for their financial support as well as to Project Vote Smart for providing us with data from their NPAT survey of candidates. Earlier versions of this article received critical feedback and helpful guidance from Michael Berkman, Ernesto Calvo, and Eric Plutzer and from many anonymous reviewers, as well as participants at the 2007 APSA Conference, 2008 State Politics and Policy Conference, and the Summer 2010 Russell Sage Foundation Working Group on the Politics of Inequality. The authors are responsible for any errors or for the interpretations presented. The data used in this study are stored on the AJPS Data Archive on Dataverse, available at http://dvn.iq.harvard.edu/dvn/dv/ajps/faces/study/StudyPage.xhtml?studyId=85907&versionNumber=1.
Political Parties and Representation of the Poor in the American States
Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2013
©2013, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 57, Issue 3, pages 552–565, July 2013
How to Cite
Rigby, E. and Wright, G. C. (2013), Political Parties and Representation of the Poor in the American States. American Journal of Political Science, 57: 552–565. doi: 10.1111/ajps.12007
- Issue online: 1 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 18 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!