The authors thank Claire Abernathy, Chris Berry, Janet Boles, Kimberly Beth Cowell-Meyers, Kathy Dolan, Juanita Firestone, Matt Hitt, Chris Kypriotis, Lauren Mattioli, William Minozzi, Beth Reingold, Kira Sanbonmatsu, Lynn Sanders, Michele Swers, Andrew Taylor, Sean Theriault, Sophie Trawalter, Denise Walsh, and seminar participants at the University of Virginia for helpful comments on earlier drafts, and James Austrow, Tracy Burdett, Chris Kypriotis, and Brian Pokosh for valuable research assistance. This project also benefited from the use of Scott Adler and John Wilkerson's Congressional Bills Project data, Frank Baumgartner and Bryan Jones's Policy Agendas Project data, and Keith Poole and Howard Rosenthal's Nominate data. Replication data for this article are available at http://dvn.iq.harvard.edu/dvn/dv/ajps/faces/study/StudyPage.xhtml?globalId=hdl:1902.1/18911.
When Are Women More Effective Lawmakers Than Men?
Version of Record online: 22 JAN 2013
© 2013, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 57, Issue 2, pages 326–341, April 2013
How to Cite
Volden, C., Wiseman, A. E. and Wittmer, D. E. (2013), When Are Women More Effective Lawmakers Than Men?. American Journal of Political Science, 57: 326–341. doi: 10.1111/ajps.12010
- Issue online: 5 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 22 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!