For helpful comments on earlier drafts, I am grateful to Despina Alexiadou, Thad Dunning, Steve Finkel, Michael Goodhart, Julia Gray, Ken Greene, Marc Morjé Howard, Susan Hyde, Judith Kelley, Staffan Lindberg, Scott Morgenstern, Anibal Pérez-Linan, Nita Rudra, Burcu Savun, Susan Stokes, Leonard Wantchekon, as well as participants at the Duke University Seminar on Global Governance and Democracy; the Juan March Institute Workshop on Electoral Fraud, Vote Buying and Clientelism; and the University of Pittsburgh Globalization Workshop. Additional thanks to Jason Brownlee, Marc Howard, Philip Roessler, Judith Kelley, Susan Hyde, and Nikolay Marinov for generously sharing their data. Shawna Metzger, Daniel Tirone, and Bruno Hoepfers provided excellent research assistance.
Elections and Democratization in Authoritarian Regimes
Article first published online: 7 MAR 2013
©2013, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 57, Issue 3, pages 703–716, July 2013
How to Cite
Donno, D. (2013), Elections and Democratization in Authoritarian Regimes. American Journal of Political Science, 57: 703–716. doi: 10.1111/ajps.12013
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 7 MAR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!