I thank Sandy Gordon, Patrick Egan, Alex Herzog, James Hollyer, Benjamin Lauderdale, Jonathan Nagler, Keith Poole, Jonathan Wand, Boris Shor, and, especially, Howard Rosenthal for their helpful comments and suggestions. Previous versions of this article were presented at the annual meetings of the Midwest and American Political Science Associations, the St. Louis Area Methods Conference, and the Princeton CSDP Fall seminar, where I received valuable feedback. Ideal point estimates, accompanying R code, and other data are available for download at http://hdl.handle.net/1902.1/18572.
Ideology and Interests in the Political Marketplace
Version of Record online: 29 JAN 2013
© 2013, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 57, Issue 2, pages 294–311, April 2013
How to Cite
Bonica, A. (2013), Ideology and Interests in the Political Marketplace. American Journal of Political Science, 57: 294–311. doi: 10.1111/ajps.12014
- Issue online: 5 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 29 JAN 2013
• Data Sources
^ Contribution Records
^ Candidate Characteristics
^ Roll Call Data and Measures
^ Industry Codes and Corporate Ownership
• Table A1: Industries and related committees
• Table A2: Correct classification rates of Senate roll call votes with one-cutpoint and two-cutpoint models
• Figure 1A: Frequencies of contribution amounts (1980 to 2010)
• Figure A2: DW-NOMINATE versus CFscores for Presidential Candidates
• Figure A3: Candidate CFscores plotted against DW-NOMINATE scores (1980-2010). Only candidates that receive contributions from 100 or more PACs are included.
• Figure A4: Candidate CFscores plotted against Turbo-ADA scores (1980-2010)
• Figure 5A: Ideological Distributions of PACs by Sector
|AJPS_12014_sm_SuppMat.doc||357K||Supporting info item|
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.