The data used for the analysis and a replication file can be downloaded from the AJPS Data Archive on Dataverse: http://dvn.iq.harvard.edu/dvn/dv/ajps. The authors wish to acknowledge insightful comments on earlier versions from four distinctively constructive and helpful reviewers and from the editors, as well as from Leonardo Arriola, Michael Bernhard, Younhok Choe, Gary Cox, Philip Keefer, Ellen Lust, Kristin Michelitch, Susan Stokes, and participants in both the Quality of Government Institute's research group at University of Gothenburg and the Comparative Politics Colloquium at the Department of Political Science, University of Florida. A special thanks is extended to Won-Ho Park and Dominic Lisanti for initial help with the count-models. The data collection was sponsored by a grant from the Africa Power and Politics Programme funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The survey was carried out by Staffan I. Lindberg in collaboration with research officers at Center for Democratic Development-Ghana, and we wish to recognize the excellent work by the 49 fieldwork assistants. Staffan I. Lindberg's time spent on the project has also been partially funded by a grant from Riksbankens Jubileumsfond (co-PIs Bo Rothstein and Sören Holmberg). As always, the content, errors, omissions, and flaws of the text are the responsibility of the authors.
What Drives the Swing Voter in Africa?
Article first published online: 9 APR 2013
©2013, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 57, Issue 3, pages 717–734, July 2013
How to Cite
Weghorst , K. R. and Lindberg , S. I. (2013), What Drives the Swing Voter in Africa?. American Journal of Political Science, 57: 717–734. doi: 10.1111/ajps.12022
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 9 APR 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!