We thank the National Science Foundation for research support (SES-0962802). We wish to thank Jon Eguia, our discussant at the 2010 Midwest Political Science Association meeting in Chicago, and Salvatore Nunnari, who offered helpful suggestions on earlier drafts. The article has benefited from comments by the referees and the editor. We also are grateful for comments and suggestions from participants of the 2008 BBVA conference on the Political Economy of Democracy at Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona, where we first presented an early, incomplete draft of this article. A short version of that draft, without any proofs, appeared in a collection of the papers presented at the conference.
Candidate Entry and Political Polarization: An Antimedian Voter Theorem
Article first published online: 18 JUN 2013
©2013, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 58, Issue 1, pages 127–143, January 2014
How to Cite
Großer, J. and Palfrey, T. R. (2014), Candidate Entry and Political Polarization: An Antimedian Voter Theorem. American Journal of Political Science, 58: 127–143. doi: 10.1111/ajps.12032
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 18 JUN 2013
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: SES-0962802
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!