I am grateful to Josh Angrist, John Bartle, Neal Beck, Fabrizio Bernardi, Jørgen Bølstad, Cees van der Eijk, Goeff Evans, Don Green, Dominik Hangartner, Simon Hix, Nasos Roussias, Ignacio Sanchez-Cuenca, Jas Sekhon, Eric Shickler, Josh Tucker, Adam Ziegfeld, and seminar participants at the University of California, Berkeley, the European University Institute in Florence, the Juan March Institute in Madrid, Nuffield College in Oxford, London School of Economics and Political Science, the University of Essex, and the University of Sheffield for very helpful comments. The article was much improved as a result of the comments by the editor and the anonymous reviewers. I am particularly indebted to Mark Franklin and especially to Laura Stoker for their invaluable support at various stages of this project. The usual disclaimer applies. Datasets and code to replicate all the results of this study can be found in the AJPS Dataverse network and at the author's personal website, http://eliasdinas.webs.com/journal-articles.
Does Choice Bring Loyalty? Electoral Participation and the Development of Party Identification
Article first published online: 3 SEP 2013
© 2013, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 58, Issue 2, pages 449–465, April 2014
How to Cite
Dinas, E. (2014), Does Choice Bring Loyalty? Electoral Participation and the Development of Party Identification. American Journal of Political Science, 58: 449–465. doi: 10.1111/ajps.12044
- Issue published online: 2 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 3 SEP 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!