We thank Larry Bartels, Adam Berinsky, Eitan Hersh, Justin Fox, Jens Hainmueller, Paco Flores-Macias, Aaron Kaufman, George Krause, Neil Malhotra, Mike Myers, Leif Nelson, Michael Peress, Kai Quek, Ken Shepsle, Joe Simmons, and Gabor Simonovits for helpful comments and suggestions, as well as seminar participants at Brown University, Colorado State University, Harvard University, MIT, Princeton University, UC Berkeley, UC Merced, University of Rochester, University of Wyoming, and Yale University. Replication data are available from the AJPS Data Archive on Dataverse (http://dvn.iq.harvard.edu/dvn/dv/ajps).
Substituting the End for the Whole: Why Voters Respond Primarily to the Election-Year Economy
Article first published online: 9 SEP 2013
©2013, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 58, Issue 1, pages 31–47, January 2014
How to Cite
Healy, A. and Lenz, G. S. (2014), Substituting the End for the Whole: Why Voters Respond Primarily to the Election-Year Economy. American Journal of Political Science, 58: 31–47. doi: 10.1111/ajps.12053
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 9 SEP 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!