At the time the courses were run, Judy also worked for W.E.C.A.N, an early intervention service in rural Australia.
Understanding Autism and understanding my child with Autism: An evaluation of a group parent education program in rural Australia
Article first published online: 6 FEB 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Australian Journal of Rural Health © National Rural Health Alliance Inc.
Australian Journal of Rural Health
Volume 21, Issue 1, pages 20–27, February 2013
How to Cite
Farmer, J. and Reupert, A. (2013), Understanding Autism and understanding my child with Autism: An evaluation of a group parent education program in rural Australia. Australian Journal of Rural Health, 21: 20–27. doi: 10.1111/ajr.12004
(Judy co-wrote the ‘Understanding Autism and Understanding my child with Autism’ program, designed the questionnaires, collected data and wrote an initial draft of the paper, which was subsequently revised and rewritten in collaboration with Dr Andrea Reupert.)
(Andrea revised, assisted and supervised with the paper as part of a PHCRED strategy through Monash University Department of Rural and Indigenous Health Gippsland.)
All programs were carried out at the W.E.C.A.N. premises Warragul Victoria.
- Issue published online: 6 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 6 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUL 2012
- Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing under the PHCRED strategy through Monash University Gippsland
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.