Social determinants of health: Whose responsibility?
Version of Record online: 19 JUN 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Australian Journal of Rural Health © National Rural Health Alliance Inc.
Australian Journal of Rural Health
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages 139–140, June 2013
How to Cite
May, J., Carey, T. A. and Curry, R. (2013), Social determinants of health: Whose responsibility?. Australian Journal of Rural Health, 21: 139–140. doi: 10.1111/ajr.12050
- Issue online: 19 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 19 JUN 2013
- 1Social determinants of health: the solid facts: World Health Organization; 2003., .
- 2World Health Organization. Commission on the Social Determinants of Health. Report by secretariat [Internet]. 2008. [Cited 6 Oct 2012]. Available from URL: http://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB124/B124_9-en.pdf.
- 4Racism: a major impediment to optimal Indigenous health and health care in Australia. Australian Indigenous Health Bulletin 2011; 11: 1–13. [Cited 6 Oct 2012]. Available from URL: http://healthbulletin.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bulletin_review_awofeso_2011.pdf.
- 5Commonwealth and State governments. National Indigenous Reform Agreement [database on the Internet]. 2011. [Cited 27 Feb 2013]. Available from URL: http://www.federalfinancialrelations.gov.au/content/npa/health_indigenous/indigenous-reform/national-agreement_sept_12.pdf.
- 6Closing the Gap in Cultural Understanding: Social Determinants of Health in Indigenous Policy in Australia. Darwin, NT: Aboriginal Medical ServicesAlliance of the Northern Territory (AMSANT), 2011. Available from URL: http://apont.org.au/attachments/article/55/Closing%20the%20Gap%20and%20Indigenous%20social%20determinants_2011_Final.pdf.
- 7Closing the Gap. Ten years of Housing for Health in NSW – an evaluation of a health housing intervention [database on the Internet]. Popuation Health Division NSW Department of Health. 2010. [cited 12 Oct 2012]. Available from URL: http://www0.health.nsw.gov.au/pubs/2010/pdf/housing_health_010210.pdf.