Regional Variability in Liver Waiting List Removals Causes False Ascertainment of Waiting List Deaths
Article first published online: 27 DEC 2012
© Copyright 2012 The American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 13, Issue 2, pages 369–375, February 2013
How to Cite
Voigt, M. D., Hunsicker, L. G., Snyder, J. J., Israni, A. K. and Kasiske, B. L. (2013), Regional Variability in Liver Waiting List Removals Causes False Ascertainment of Waiting List Deaths. American Journal of Transplantation, 13: 369–375. doi: 10.1111/ajt.12000
- Issue published online: 28 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 27 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 26 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 2 APR 2012
- Health Resources and Services Administration contracts. Grant Numbers: 234-2005-370011C, HHSH250201000018C
- 1Impact of geographic disparity on liver allocation for hepatocellular cancer in the United States. J Hepatol 2012; 56: 618–625., , , , , .
- 5Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network; Final Rule 63. Federal Register USA; 1998.
- 7The Social Security Administration's Death Master File: the completeness of death reporting at older ages. Social Security Bull 2001; 64: 45–51., .
- 8Use of the Social Security Administration Death Master File for ascertainment of mortality status. Popul Health Metr 2004; 2: 2., .
- 9Comparing the National Death Index and the Social Security Administration's Death Master File to ascertain death in HIV surveillance. Public Health Rep 2009; 124: 850–860., , , , , .
- 10Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients. Use of the Social Security Administration Death Master File to supplement deaths reported to the OPTN. Report prepared for the Health Resources and Services Administration under Contract 234-2005-37009C, 2001.
- 11Prospective evaluation of the prognostic scores for cirrhotic patients admitted to an intensive care unit. J Hepatol 2012; 56: 95–102., , , et al.
- 15Geographic inequity in access to livers for transplantation. Transplantation 2011; 91: 479–486., , .