This study was partially presented at the 50th Annual Interscience Congress on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC), Boston (September 12–15, 2010) and at the 24th International Congress of The Transplantation Society (TTS), Berlin (July 15–19, 2012).
Hypocomplementemia in Kidney Transplant Recipients: Impact on the Risk of Infectious Complications
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2013
© Copyright 2013 The American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 13, Issue 3, pages 685–694, March 2013
How to Cite
Fernández-Ruiz, M., López-Medrano, F., Varela-Peña, P., Morales, J. M., García-Reyne, A., San Juan, R., Lumbreras, C., Lora-Pablos, D., Polanco, N., Andrés, A., Paz-Artal, E. and Aguado, J. M. (2013), Hypocomplementemia in Kidney Transplant Recipients: Impact on the Risk of Infectious Complications. American Journal of Transplantation, 13: 685–694. doi: 10.1111/ajt.12055
- Issue published online: 25 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 31 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Received: 25 SEP 2012
- Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC)
- Transplantation Society (TTS)
- Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness. Grant Number: 11/01538
- Fundación Mutua Madrileña de Investigación Médica. Grant Number: 2010/0015
- Mario Fernández-Ruiz holds a research training contract “Rio Hortega”. Grant Number: CM11/00187
- Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (Instituto de Salud Carlos III)
- Fundación Mutua Madrileña. Grant Number: 2010/0015
- 11Decreased levels of serum complement C3 and natural killer cells add to the predictive value of total immunoglobulin G for severe infection in heart transplant recipients. Transpl Infect Dis 2012; 14: 526–539., , , et al.
- 15Infection in the organ transplant recipient. In: Rubin RH, Young LS, Russell P, eds. Clinical approach to infection in the compromised host (3rd edn). New York: Plenum Publishing Corporation, 1981; pp. 629–705..
- 17Revised definitions of invasive fungal disease from the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer/Invasive Fungal Infections Cooperative Group and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Mycoses Study Group (EORTC/MSG) Consensus Group. Clin Infect Dis 2008; 46: 1813–1821., , , et al.
- 18European Expert Group on Renal Transplantation (EBPG); European Renal Association (ERA-EDTA); European Society for Organ Transplantation (ESOT). European Best Practice Guidelines for Renal Transplantation (part 1). Nephrol Dial Transplant 2000; 15(Suppl 7): 1–85.
- 19Mixed-effect regression models for binary outcomes. Longitudinal data analysis. New Jersey: Wiley, 2006: 149–186., .
- 25Study on the role of humoral immunity in renal transplant rejections and its correlation with histopathological findings. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2011; 22: 901–910., , .