Preventive Intervention for Living Donor Psychosocial Outcomes: Feasibility and Efficacy in a Randomized Controlled Trial
Version of Record online: 7 AUG 2013
© Copyright 2013 The American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 13, Issue 10, pages 2672–2684, October 2013
How to Cite
Dew, M. A., DiMartini, A. F., DeVito Dabbs, A. J., Zuckoff, A., Tan, H. P., McNulty, M. L., Switzer, G. E., Fox, K. R., Greenhouse, J. B. and Humar, A. (2013), Preventive Intervention for Living Donor Psychosocial Outcomes: Feasibility and Efficacy in a Randomized Controlled Trial. American Journal of Transplantation, 13: 2672–2684. doi: 10.1111/ajt.12393
- Issue online: 24 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 7 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 18 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 28 JAN 2013
- clinicaltrials.gov Identifier. Grant Number: NCT01233700
- University of Pittsburgh IRB Protocol. Grant Number: PRO10010475
- 1Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN), Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR). OPTN/SRTR 2011 Annual Data Report. http://srtr.transplant.hrsa.gov/annual_reports/2011/. Last accessed January 26, 2013.
- 5Living Kidney Donor Follow-Up Conference Writing Group, , , et al. Living kidney donor follow-up: State-of-the-art and future directions, conference summary and recommendations. Am J Transplant 2011; 11: 2561–2568.
- 8Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network/United Network for Organ Sharing (OPTN/UNOS). Policy, Chapter 12: Living donation with modifications approved 12/13/2012. http://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/PoliciesandBylaws2/policies/pdfs/policy_172.pdf. Last accessed January 26, 2013.
- 9U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. 42 CFR Parts 405, 482, 488, and 498. Medicare program; Hospital conditions of participation: Requirements for approval and re-approval of transplant centers to perform organ transplants. http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Provider-Enrollment-and-Certification/CertificationandComplianc/downloads/transplantfinal.pdf. Last accessed January 26, 2013.
- 10Psychosocial aspects of living organ donation. In: Tan HP, Marcos A, Shapiro R, eds. Living donor organ transplantation. New York: Taylor and Francis, 2007, pp. 7–26., , , ,
- 18New York State Committee on Quality Improvement in Living Liver Donation. Report to New York State Transplant Council and New York State Department of Health, December, 2002. Bureau of Standards Development, New York State Department of Health.
- 29Society for Prevention Research. Standards for knowledge for the science of prevention. Fairfax, VA: Society for Prevention Research, 2011. http://www.preventionresearch.org/Society%20for%20Prevention%20Research%20Standards%20of%20Knowledge.pdf. Last accessed June 13, 2013.
- 34Gift of life: The social and psychological impact of organ transplantation. Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Books, 1987., ,
- 42Motivational interviewing: Preparing people for change, 3rd ed. New York: Guilford, 2012.,
- 43Research on MI in equipoise: The case of living organ donation. Motiv Interv Train Res Implement Prac 2012; 1: 39–41. doi: 10.5195/mitrip.2012.12 issn 2160-584X,
- 47National Institutes of Health, Office of Extramural Research. Glossary of terms. http://grants.nih.gov/grants/glossary.htm. Last accessed January 26, 2013.
- 50Revised global scales: Motivational interviewing treatment integrity 3.1.1 (MITI 3.1.1). Albuquerque, NM: Center on Alcoholism, Substance Abuse and Addictions, University of New Mexico, 2010, http://casaa.unm.edu/codinginst.html. Last accessed January 26, 2013., , , ,
- 57Psychological profiles of living liver donors and post-donation outcomes. In: Weimar W, Bos MA, van Busschbach JJ, eds. Organ transplantation: Ethical, legal and psychological aspects. Towards a common European policy. Lengerich, Germany: Pabst Science Publishers, 2008, pp. 216–220., , , et al.
- 64Anonymous. Instruction Manual: Instructions for Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ) and GAD-7 Measures. Available from http://www.phqscreeners.com, Pfizer, Inc. Last accessed January 26, 2013.
- 66The analysis of longitudinal data, 2nd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002., , ,
- 67Longitudinal data analysis. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2006.,
- 70Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences, 2nd ed. Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum, 1988.