Dialysis Facility and Network Factors Associated With Low Kidney Transplantation Rates Among United States Dialysis Facilities
Version of Record online: 29 MAY 2014
© Copyright 2014 The American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 14, Issue 7, pages 1562–1572, July 2014
How to Cite
Patzer, R. E., Plantinga, L., Krisher, J. and Pastan, S. O. (2014), Dialysis Facility and Network Factors Associated With Low Kidney Transplantation Rates Among United States Dialysis Facilities. American Journal of Transplantation, 14: 1562–1572. doi: 10.1111/ajt.12749
- Issue online: 20 JUN 2014
- Version of Record online: 29 MAY 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 4 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 24 JUN 2013
- National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences of the National Institutes of Health. Grant Numbers: ULl TR000454, KL2TR000455
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities. Grant Number: R24MD008077
- 1US Renal Data System. 2012 Annual data report: Atlas of chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease in the United States. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, 2012.
- 2Options for patients with kidney failure. In: Danovitch GM, ed. Handbook of kidney transplantation. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2005, pp. 1–22..
- 12Arbor Research Collaborative for Health. Guide to the 2011 region profiles for dialysis patients and facilities: Overview, methodology, and interpretation. 2011. Available at: http://www.dialysisreports.org/Inquiries.aspx. Accessed June 20, 2012.
- 13SAS Institute, Inc. E.F.V.Generalized. Linear and nonlinear models for correlated data: Theory and applications using SAS. Cary, NC: SAS Institute, Inc., 2012.
- 16The topography of poverty in the United States: A spatial analysis using county-level data from the Community Health Status Indicators project. Prev Chronic Dis 2007; 4: A111..
- 17The quality of medical care in the United States: A report on the Medicare program. Hanover, NH: Dartmouth Medical School, 2010.
- 31The evaluation of renal transplantation candidates: Clinical practice guidelines. Am J Transplant 2001; 1 (Suppl 2): 3–95., , , et al.
- 32Socio-economic impact in CKD. Nephrol Ther 2013; pii: S1769–7255(12)00502-0..
- 342009. Available at: http://depts.washington.edu/ccph/pdf_files/CBPR_final.pdf. Accessed November 20, 2013., , , et al. Promoting healthy public policy through community-based participatory research: Ten case studies. UC Berkeley School of Public Health and PolicyLink. Berkeley, CA.