Trading fours: Creativity, analogy, and exchange
Version of Record online: 6 NOV 2013
© 2013 by the American Anthropological Association
Volume 40, Issue 4, pages 619–623, November 2013
How to Cite
BRENNEIS, D. (2013), Trading fours: Creativity, analogy, and exchange. American Ethnologist, 40: 619–623. doi: 10.1111/amet.12042
- Issue online: 6 NOV 2013
- Version of Record online: 6 NOV 2013
- 1994 Thinking in Jazz: The Infinite Art of Improvisation. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- 2008 Creativity and Learning Jazz: The Practice of “Listening.” Mind, Culture, and Activity 15(4):279–295.
- 1964 Bureaucraticization of the Imaginative. In Perspectives by Incongruity. Stanley Edgar Hyman, ed. Pp. 76–80. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- 2009 Jazz Improvisation: A Search for Inner Harmonies and a Unique Self. Richerche di Psicologia 27(3):71–101. , and
- Keil, Charles, and , eds. 1994 Music Grooves. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- 1996 Saying Something: Jazz Improvisation and Interaction. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- 1992 Reproducing the Future: Essays on Anthropology, Kinship, and the New Reproductive Technologies. Manchester, UK: Manchester University Press.
- 2010 Swinging within the Iron Cage: Modernity, Creativity, and Embodied Practices in American Postsecondary Jazz Education. American Ethnologist 37(3):563–582.
- In press Toward an Anthropology of Computer-Mediated, Algorithmic Forms of Sociality. Current Anthropology.