You can respond to this article at http://www.anaesthesiacorrespondence.com
A randomised crossover trial comparing a single-use polyvinyl chloride laryngeal mask airway with a single-use silicone laryngeal mask airway
Article first published online: 28 SEP 2012
Anaesthesia © 2012 The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
Volume 67, Issue 12, pages 1337–1342, December 2012
How to Cite
Bell, S. F., Morris, N. G., Rao, A., Wilkes, A. R. and Goodwin, N. (2012), A randomised crossover trial comparing a single-use polyvinyl chloride laryngeal mask airway with a single-use silicone laryngeal mask airway. Anaesthesia, 67: 1337–1342. doi: 10.1111/anae.12004
- Issue published online: 7 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 28 SEP 2012
- Accepted: 24 August 2012
- 1Variant CJD. What you need to know at present. Royal College of Anaesthetists Bulletin, 2001; 7: 302–4.
- 3Centre for Evidence-based Purchasing (CEP). Buyers’ Guide. Laryngeal Masks. CEP 08010. London: Centre for Evidence-based Purchasing, 2008.
- 4Committee on the Health Risks of Phthalates, National Research Council. Phthalates and Cumulative Risk Assessment: The Task Ahead. Washington, D.C.: National Academies Press, 2008.
- 6U.S. Food and Drug Administration. FDA public health notiﬁcation: PVC devices containing the plasticizer DEHP, 2002. http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Safety/AlertsandNotices/PublicHealthNotifications/UCM062182 (accessed 14/06/2012).
- 7European Parliament and Council. Council Directive 93/42/EEC (Medical Devices Directive), 1993. http://www.eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CONSLEG:1993L0042:20071011:EN:PDF (accessed 17/05/2012).
- 14Royal College of Nursing. Perioperative Fasting in Adults and Children. An RCN Guideline for the Multidisciplinary Team. London: Royal College of Nursing, 2005.
- 15Flexicare Medical. Instructions for insertion of laryngeal mask airways, 2009. http://www.flexicare.com/en/products/airway-management/laryseal/laryseal-features.aspx (accessed on 14/06/2012).
- 18Directive 2005/84/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council. Official Journal of the European Union No L 344, 2005. http://www.eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2005:344:0040:0043:en:PDF (accessed 1/6/2012).
- 19Phthalate release from tracheal tubes and ventilator tubing. Anaesthesia2010; 65: 1239., , .
- 21European Standards Committee (CEN). Medical Devices – Application of Risk Management to Medical Devices (EN ISO 14971:2012). Brussels: CEN, 2012.